Friday, May 11, 2012

You Come Highly Recommended.

Once again we are reminded today by John 15:12-17 how much Jesus loves us as he says;

“You did not choose me but I chose you. And I appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask him in my name.”

God has selected us to serve him. We may feel that we are not capable but that’s not important. What is important is whether we respond or not. We were selected for a certain position. It could be one of leadership, out in the open, or maybe something that’s done in seclusion. Whatever it is we must be willing to serve - but here’s the catch - not where we want but in the place of His choosing.

For you see, He plants us where we are to serve Him. There are many times when I’ve missed my family, my place of birth, and think, “why was I placed here in the US far from home?” This is where He wants me to be in order to serve him better and where I can bear that lasting fruit. Blessings come if we are in God’s selected place for us.

We are also chosen to a ministry of prayer. We are told that one of the conditions for answered prayer is to ask in His name. It is through Jesus that we reach the Father.

Years ago, prior to all this electronic communication, it would help if you had a letter of recommendation to help in entering school or in obtaining a job. The letter would read something like this;

“This will introduce so-and-so, a friend of mine. Do what you can for him/her. I will consider that you are doing it for me.”

So when we ask in Jesus name, a letter of recommendation goes to the Father and He will fulfill His promise to answer our prayer.

We are competing with millions of people throughout the world who are praying so it’s an advantage if we have a friend’s (Jesus) recommendation. You become his friend when you follow His commandment –
“That you love one another as I have loved you.”

BTW – It doesn’t hurt to pray to Our Blessed Mother, (May is her month), for she brings us to Jesus.



No comments: