Thursday, October 13, 2011

Charity with love

"You impose on people burdens hard to carry,
but you yourselves do not lift one finger to touch them."  ~ Luke 11:46

They neglect to show charity especially to the weak and poor.

They go through the correct motions of conventional religion while forgetting the realities.

"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.  If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing."
~ 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

“With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us finish the work we are in”  ~ Abraham Lincoln       

No comments: