Monday, January 14, 2013

Spiritual Resolutions


Spiritual Resolutions

 
I had stopped making New Year resolutions
A long time ago
Especially the typical ones of exercising more
And to look at the things I needed to forgo.

It seemed that I was committed
And very anxious at the start
Only to feel frustrated as soon
As February came to reveal how I missed the mark

I’ve come to the realization
That I cannot do anything by myself
Especially when God’s will has been omitted
I feel like I have nothing left.

This year I need to pay attention
To the prayer I pray each day
The one that he taught us
That will guide us on His way.

I need to let go
So that His will may be done
It is only through this that
Yes, here on Earth His Kingdom will come.

I need His help to change
For He’s always given us a choice
I will vow to spend more time in prayer
For it’s in silence that I’ll hear His voice.

I often hear it mentioned
What is said in John 3:16
This year my focus will be
To get a greater understanding
Of what this passage means.

 

No comments: