Friday, August 31, 2012

Mercy


Today’s word is mercy

 
Mercy is defined as “disposition to forgive or show compassion.”
It is also, “God’s forgiveness of his creature’s offenses.”

 
“The Lord is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.” ~Psalm 145

Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ ~Matt 18:33

If you had known what these words mean, ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the innocent ~ Matthew 12:7

I am a most noteworthy sinner, but I have cried out to the Lord for grace and mercy, and they have covered me completely. I have found the sweetest consolation since I made it my whole purpose to enjoy His marvelous Presence.  ~ Christopher Columbus

No comments: